Sunday, December 23, 2012

Food and Exercise log, 12/23-12/30

After a week of sloppy eating and little exercise due to a sore shoulder, I'm getting back on the program. Yesterday, I had a big brunch then a paleo-friendly dinner, and this morning we went to a kids concert and then over to Buckley's for lunch. I ordered the corned beef hash with two eggs on top, which turned out to be a bad choice. At Portage Bay Cafe, the hash is made up of root vegetables, and only a few potatoes. I didn't expect that good, but I didn't expect the pure volume of potatoes vs. corned beef. I ended up picking through and eating the little chunks of corned beef, but got some potatoes too. I probably left two whole potatoes on the plate. When I got home, I had a couple oz of summer sausage with mayo and two tsp of almond butter.
As an aside, I was reading Tim Ferriss' book last night and he suggested doing 60-90 seconds of squats (high intensity exercise) before a meal and then again 90 minutes after the meal to curb insulin response. He also suggested some other supplements to take with the meal, but I didn't do that. I did do the squats in the parking lot before the meal. My wife was embarrassed.
I'm headed to the gym this afternoon. I'm going to do squats. This week is the fourth week of the cycle, so it's a "deloading week," meaning no more than about 65% of 1 Rep Max (1RM). So I'll knock these out tonight and go to Steve's Crossfit class, where he can modify the WOD for me to be light on my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment