Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pre-Paleo Challenge Spring 2014 (v7)

Started the Paleo Challenge today, but have been cleaning up my diet for the last week in preparation. Returned from a week of vacation and then a week of out of town corporate meetings, to find my weight at a Crossfit-era record high of 193. My allergies were acting up so much that for a week I couldn't sleep due to nasal congestion and itchy eyes. I was taking my prescription nasal spray and eye drops, plus Zyrtec, plus benadryl to sleep. And I would still wake up with itchy, inflamed eyes.

For the last week, I've been trying to be pretty strict Paleo -- no Gluten for sure, minimum Dairy (I even stopped putting whip cream on my blueberries). My allergies have cleared up, although not sure whether that's because it was really tree pollen, or because I've cleaned up the diet. I do know that the summer that I was very strict Paleo (2011), I didn't once use any allergy medication for the first time since I was five years old.

Nancy took my "before" picture at the gym on Friday night, and we take the after pictures on May 24th, after 7 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment