Monday, July 18, 2011

Kauai Crossfit workout!

First day of vacation on Hawaii time, I awoke before the alarm went off at 5:30 (8:30 pdt) and joined my friend Melinda at Kauai Crossfit.
Melinda told me last night that she was glad she missed the workout of the day on Sunday because it were her "two least favorite exercises put together." -- 100 Wall ball burpees.
We got to the "gym" which is really a 500sf patio with some work out gear, looking out over the beach, and found that Jerome had decided to redux the 100 wall ball burpees. So we had two WoDs -- first we did 500m rows x3 with 90s rest in between. I did 1:45, 1:50, 1:55. And then 100 wall ball burpees for time. I did a 14 lb ball 100x in 11:35 I think. And finish it off with a 1 mile run for cooldown. There was a woman there named Sunshine, who beat me by about 10 seconds with the 14 lb ball as well.
It was nice to see the sun rise over the ocean, but I didn't have a camera, so will have to go back tomorrow for more!
After Crossfit, I made myself a three egg scramble, with eggs from Melinda's chickens that run around her backyard. supplemented with "emergency protein snack" which consists of ground beef, onions and peppers sauteed and then saved in the fridge so that you can snack on protein not crappy carbs!
(btw, it occurred to me that Crossfit is kind of like AA. Even when you're traveling, you need to find "meetings," and you can find them all over the world.)

No comments:

Post a Comment