Monday, October 29, 2012

First week post Paleo-challenge food log

I finished the Paleo challenge food log Saturday and ate crap on Sat night and Sunday. Now I'm getting back on the wagon. I want to knock out 10 more lbs before I try to start just maintaining. I got up this morning and was saying to myself, as I ate breakfast "5 slices of salami, 3 tsp of almond butter..." and wondering if I was ahead or behind on calories for the day.  So I'm going to try to keep doing my food log.

Monday, 10/29
7am mobility with Steve
Breakfast - 5 slices of summer sausage, 3 tsp of almond butter
Lunch - spinach and mixed greens salad with sweet potato, feta, onions, peppers, herb vinaigrette and 4oz steelhead salmon
Snack - 12 almonds
Dinner - chicken curry made with curry sauce from a bottle. The main ingredient in the sauce was coconut milk which made it about 80% fat (yay!)
Also had some salad with goat cheese.

After dinner, went to personal training with Steve. Started out by rolling my pecs with a lax ball but I'm not too good at it. We spent the rest of the time doing snatch-grip deadlifts, bent over rows and butterfly sit-ups. The first two were to strengthen my mid-back, and the sit ups were to isolate the abs and take the hip flexors out of the exercise.
I was going to stay for Steve's 8:00 class but between the pt and the mobility class this morning I was pretty wiped out.

Tuesday, 10/30
Woke up sore this morning and decided I'd take the morning off of crossfit. I rolled my lats for 10-15 minutes and did some thoracic extension and rotation exercises. Made a]three egg omelet/scramble this morning with 1/2 an onion, 1/2 a pepper, and some salsa. It was cooked in Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
Strangely, I was only able to finish half of it. I guess it's good if my body doesn't need so much fuel.

Lunch was steak fajitas with veggies and guac, hold the tortillas, beans, rice, and dairy.
Dinner - 5 Deviled eggs, 2tsp almond butter and 2 oz beef jerky

Wednesday, 10/31
Happy Halloween!
Breakfast - omelet with onions and peppers
Lunch - spinach and mixed greens salad with onions, peppers, jicama, sheep feta, herb vinaigrette and 4oz steelhead salmon
Snack - 12 almonds
Dinner - Blackened Salmon ceasar salad (no croutons or cheese) with caribbean jerk sauce
Workout - 6 pm level 2 class with Jess - 4x 30 second rounds each of 30lb DB thrusters, row for calories, 24" box jumps and burpees
Post-workout - 2tsp almond butter, ~4oz summer sausage, several slices of cheese (late night snack, not so good. :( )

Thursday, 11/1
Breakfast - summer sausage and peppers, pan fried. ~1oz of sheep gouda, 10-12 almonds
Lunch - salad at work (see above)
Snack - Nugo organic bar, 1 beef jerky, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 diet coke (boo!)
Dinner - 2 beef sausage links, sauteed peppers and garlic
Workout - Wendler squats - finished with 7x106kg, then 100 DB thrusters with 5 burpees on the minute. Took me many minutes
Post workouts - 3 tsp almond butter, 1 tsp chili
Tomorrow night is Paleo Potluck, get to pick the winner of the Paleo Challenge!

Friday, 11/2
Breakfast - Builder's Bar protein bar
Snack - Nugo Organic bar
Lunch - Salad at work
Snack - 10 almonds, 3/4 cup frozen blueberries, reheated leftover omelet from Wednesday
Caught a cold or something, so skipped crossfit today. Headed for the Paleo Potluck tonight.
Paleo potluck - several deviled eggs, a leg of chicken, some kale chips, goat cheese, and a few bites of chicken sausage
Unfortunately, I didn't win the Paleo challenge this year, but on the other hand, I did lose 15 lbs so that's a nice consolation.

Saturday, 11/3
Workout - Level 2 class with Mike. You have 20 minutes. Do 15 bear crawls (across the gym and back). Then work up to 3 heavy reps of Clean and Jerk, Front Squat and Snatch. I did 50-60-70 C&J, 70-80-80 FS, and 50-50-50 Snatch. Then did Dave's mobility class.
Brunch - El Diablo omelet (onions, peppers, jalapenos, goat cheese, cholula)
Lunch - 2 beef sausages w mayo
Dinner - bison hamburger patty with mayo, 2 tsp peanut butter (ran out of almond butter)
Midnight snack - ~1oz of summer sausage

Sunday, 11/4
Pre-workout - ~1oz sweet potato
Workout - 9am with Andy
Post-workout - omelet with ~2oz summer sausage. ~2oz sweet potato
Snack - 10 almonds, ~2oz summer sausage
Snack at kid's bday party - Carrots and celery with hummus
Snack - 1oz of beef jerky
Dinner - 3 tsp almond butter, 5 slices (~1oz) summer sausage with Salsa





No comments:

Post a Comment