Sunday, September 11, 2011

Horiatiki omelette for lunch!

For those who think that you can't have a delicious lunch while on paleo, try Georgia's Greek deli on 85th st and 3rd Ave in Seattle's Ballard/Greenwood neighborhood. I had a three (maybe four) egg horiatiki omelette, with kalamata olives, green and red onions, green and red peppers, capers and feta cheese. Yum! Eggs for protein, olives and feta for fat and peppers and onions are good carbs. Throw on a little Tabasco and i say again: yum!
 

I also asked them to leave off the (exceptionally good) Greek hash browns and ordered an English muffin as the bread, which I gave to my 7 year old, which kept the bad carbs off my plate. It's tough for me to not eat the potatoes and bread when it's on my plate, so I try to be proactive in making sure to not cook those. It also stops that food from going to waste!

Less exciting, I followed that up with a 5:00 snack of 2oz of Summer sausage, 6 almonds and a cup or so of blueberries.

Dinner was a veritable plethora of foods from Ballard Market -- I had two serving spoons full of tuna salad and one serving spoon full of egg salad, served on lettuce leaves. And one piece of falafel - maybe 1/4-1/2 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment