Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday of Week 1

Started the morning with military press -- 3 sets.
This was week one of the 5-3-1 series. I did 5x36kg, 5x 40kg, and finished with 11x45kg. That's two more at 45kg than I did last week. For assistance exercise, we did chest to bar pullups and we got to choose one other. I told dave I wanted to practice handstand on rings, because what's the point in doing a handstand if you can't do it on the rings. He took me at my word, and made me practice lifting myself off the ground with arms locked out on the rings. Guess what, it's hard and I couldn't really do it.

Now, onto the food.
Breakfast -- I had a couple oz of summer sausage, skipped the blueberries and had a piece of cheddar cheese for fat. I'm gonna try to go super-low-carb for the next week or so and see if I can get a jump start on this Paleo thing. I also had another Atkins bar on the way to work.
Morning snack -- I walked over to the Whole Foods looking for some beef jerky. They sell organic beef jerky there, but I looked at the label and it had 5g of sugar in it, so I skipped. I bought some organic almonds to keep in my office and some scrambled eggs from the hot table. I sprinkled some shredded mozzarella on the eggs, but they weren't hot enough to melt the cheese.
Lunch -- By lunchtime, I had forgotten the plan to skip carbs and had roasted yams on my salad (build your own at the cafeteria), along with spinach, onions, peppers, asparagus, and a hunk of steak, sliced thin.
After-school snack -- Another two oz of summer sausage (finished it off) and a slice of cheddar cheese.

Dinner -- chicken sausage (1.5 sausages) and broccoli (sauteed in garlic) and a salad (spinach, goat cheese and a vinaigrette dressing)

also, I should mention that I have a caffeine addiction so I have 1-2 diet cokes every morning that I haven't reported.


No comments:

Post a Comment